We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to work in Washington, DC or remotely.
This position will require a Tier 2 / Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) A Tier 2/MBI is conducted by OPM and covers a 5-year period. It consists of a review of National Agency Check (NAC) records [OPM Security Investigations Index (SII), DOD Defense Central Investigations Index (DCII), FBI name check, and a FBI fingerprint check], a credit report covering a period of 5 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references listed on the application for employment; an interview with the subject, law enforcement check; and a verification of the educational degree.
A System Administrator must have experience in conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs. Systems administrators are responsible for maintaining system efficiency. Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge on a number of debugging protocols and processes. Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly.
- Change from Static IP to DHCP addressing
- Change of Simple Network Management Protocol SNMP String to Region Standard – needs to adhere to this for new installations
- Physically go to devices and configure printers/Multi-Functional Devices (MFD) to SNMP standards
- Client desktop visit, to reconfigure printers
- Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) Printers configuration
- Assistance with CRISP readiness efforts (Provided by Customer (PBC)s/Continuous Accountability
Validation Testing (CAVT), Active Directory (AD) Account Clean-Up, etc.) to include:
- PBC, Inspector General (IG) requests
- Microsoft (MS) Patch compliance
- Vulnerability patching
- Two Factor Authentication
- Inventory Monitoring
- Unauthorized Software Review
Baseline compliance – Regional Image meets Enterprise Base Line (Version Compliance)
AD Account Cleanup (automated but oversight required) to include:
- Ensuring Accounts over 90 days of inactivity are disabled
- Any accounts over 180 days of inactivity are deleted
- Ensuring all accounts within AD are in compliance, Naming conventions and details are accurate
Coordinate and execute IT equipment installation and relocation to include:
- PC Imaging, (If the Client has a need for software that’s not part of the standard image, build it will require additional tech time)
- Adhering to Regional Naming Convention
- Adding PC’s to Domain
- Printer configuration to the client
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
Work can be performed remotely, but candidate would ideally be located in the Washington DC, New York, or Boston metropolitan areas.