SYSTEM ENGINEER I
Secret Clearance Required
Locations: Portland, Oregon OR, Vicksburg, MS
Under general supervision, the Systems Engineer I have the duties of designing and developing software, computer systems and networks. The System Engineer should ascertain that the computer systems in the Enterprise are working properly and are secure from hacking and virus attacks.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
• Ensures the Enterprise computer systems are working optimally
• Ensures the hardware and software used by the Enterprise are compatible
• Ensures the Enterprise systems are safe and secure from outside attacks
• Updates the systems regularly
• Ensures the network connections to the systems are up and functioning
• Designs computer systems and checking system specifications
• Performs functional analysis and testing the computer applications
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computers, Keyboards, Dual Monitors, etc.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment, and may extend into late hours. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire and Safety Regulations and published company work rules. Working environment will be 90% indoor, 10% outside.
Ability to lift 40 pounds required. Standing, sitting, squatting and other normal office related physical activities required. Must be able to sit and read computer screens for extended periods.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
FORM-HR-500-Fillable (Rev. 06/12) Previous editions are obsolete. Use/disclosure of data on this sheet is subject to the restrictions as stated in CIOP 500.08.
Two years’ related experience.
• A thorough knowledge about software, hardware and network applications
• A thorough knowledge about systems security devices
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage, coordinate and organize data, gather a comprehensive view and design new concepts
• Ability to work alone as well as in a group
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
• Excellent ability to analyze, make decisions and solve problems
• Ability to word in high pressure situations
• Good leadership qualities to instruct and lead junior engineers
Must be a U.S. Citizen, Must have valid Secret Clearance, Meets requirements outlined in AR 25-2 for NIPRNET access, Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal. Working knowledge of Military and Government telecommunications and enterprise systems preferred.