SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR II
ACTIVE SECRET Clearance Required
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL or FORT WORTH, TX
Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
Manage a team of systems administrators. Responsible for the administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the site level servers. Oversees system backups, hardware/software installation and upgrades. Establishes work schedules, maintains good order and discipline and ensures all subordinates are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 200X Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, print queues etc.
- Daily administration of Exchange 200X servers and Outlook Web Access.
- Microsoft SMS, MOM, SCCM and WSUS.
- Veritas BackupExec to conduct file server Backup / Restores.
- Maintain Systems Availability and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
- Proficient at hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vender Server platforms including Dell, HP, LTO tape library, fiber switch, and SANs.
- Maintaining antivirus / security requirements by the US Army standards and regulations.
- Provides user and Microsoft Exchange account maintenance as required.
- Establishes shift schedules.
- Performs employee appraisals, training records and follows the Exelis Leadership guide.
- Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
MS Office applications
Other software application tools
Working environment will be 90% office and 10% desktop support.
Individual should be able to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelors Degree in IT or related field. This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M LAT Level II certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification. Must have at least one of the following: MCSA System Administrator: Windows Server 2003, MCITP Server Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Virtualization Administrator Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSA Windows Server 2008, MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Server Administrator: Windows Server 2003, MCSE Desktop Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Private Cloud 2012, Server+, VCP 4, VCP 5.
At least 3-5 years of practical experience working with Windows Server and Active Directory. Understanding of basic security principles and their application to an Active Directory Environment. Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.