800-837-4966Program / Project Overview
Our client seeks a System Administrator to provide hands-on support and subject matter expertise in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Responsibilities involve desktop, server, network and overall testbed support to software developers carrying out research, development, testing and evaluation at the Air Force Research Laboratory Rome Research Site. The individual will configure, operate, monitor, maintain, and perform configuration, diagnosis and repair for software applications and operating systems as well as computer and network hardware in a variety of classified and unclassified environments. Duties will include, but are not limited to troubleshooting, installation, configuration, operations, maintenance, configuration management and project documentation. Candidate will need to manage time, expectations and work prioritization to support work on projects for multiple contracts.
* Administration of desktops and servers, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of hardware and software.
* System compliance management for desktops and servers, including network management policy implementation, operating system and software application patch management, as well as PKI certificate and user account management.
* Analysis of user requirements to support planning for new hardware and software purchases.
* Computer network design, implementation and management in a TCP/IP environment.
* Design, implementation and management of cross-platform services, such as authentication, e.g. LDAP, file sharing, e.g. CIFS and NFS, as well as other common services such as DNS, DHCP, SSH and NTP, supporting Windows, Linux, and MacOS X.
* Design, implement, monitor and maintain software and services to support software development processes, e.g. Gitlab, Mattermost, Jenkins, etc.
* Develop, maintain and document repeatable processes documents that govern the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of system applications.
* Secure systems in preparation for audits following NISPOM Chapter 8 guidelines. Work with auditors to demonstrate compliance as needed.
* Make INFOSEC an integral part of the systems engineering process by implementing and engaging team members in ensuring security requirements are implemented.
* Provide input to DIACAP, NISPOM and ICD 503 information assurance processes.
* Possible occasional travel to customer sites to install software.
* US Citizenship
* Experience with Linux and Windows System Administration
* Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Education Requirements: B.S. in Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
Experience Requirements: Experience with Linux and Windows System Administration
Certification Requirements: Eligibility and ability to acquire certifications for DoD 8570 compliance as detailed in http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf. (Detailed at http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx, e.g. A+, Security+, CISSP, and an operating system specific certification such as Linux+, server or desktop MCSE, etc)
Security Clearance Requirements: Able to obtain TOP SECRET/SCI security clearanc
* Cisco IOS experience
* ZFS filesystem experience
* FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Nexenta or similar open source operating system experience
* Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) experience
* Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and/or other System Center experience
* Experience with physical security planning, management and monitoring
* Experience with emissions security planning, management and monitoring
* Experience with communications security (cryptography) planning, management and monitoring
* Experience with operations security planning, management and monitoring
* Experience with security policy and process creation and management