About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Infrastructure Systems Engineer in Washington, DC.
PURPOSE: The incumbent is responsible for the implementation and hands-on support that involves applying systems integration knowledge. This includes but is not limited to installation, maintenance, and configuration, administration of servers and coordination of service. The position will assist in the efficient utilization and optimization of Windows servers, Virtual environments, and Citrix components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of Work Area Services the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Primary responsibility is efficient operation and development of the corporate server infrastructure. Includes administration, installation configuration and maintenance of server infrastructure. System administration, including account administration, file permissions, access control levels, quality access reviews, audit documentation, virus protection and firewall services as related to the server environment; operating systems support and maintenance. Receives guidance and tasks from the Lead and Principle Engineers for system implementation.
Adhere to standard service level agreements, for heartbeat and day-to-day support.
Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Independently resolves problems. Recognizes risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate them. Providing customer service & support to all customers internal & external.
2. Participate in process improvements for the server environments. Participates in the review of new technologies for Windows systems and Windows application deployments as part of the system procurement. Ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Windows systems to meet corporate objectives. Ensure that Windows-based servers comply with established policies, standards and configuration guidelines. Provide server administrations support for operating system upgrades as well as system patch management and maintenance.
3. Support functions to ensure that the division’s availability and response time goals are consistently met, ensuring high performing systems. Providing Server Monitoring with the system tools that are in place, proactively monitoring the performance of the Windows Server environment (Including both physical and virtual servers in the environment).
Provide statistics and reports to analyze metrics for departmental reporting. Provide tier 2 support and maintenance for 180+ Windows 2003/2008 and Linux servers in a Gigabit LAN environment.
4. Project management support & execution of assignments for departmental projects.
5. Assists in the evaluation and integration of complex, emerging server, network based and imaging technology that aligns with business strategy and initiatives for internal as well as external customers. Expand technical and business knowledge through reading, research, on-the-job and classroom training. This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
Required: College degree or technical school, and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training in Microsoft networked multi-platform environment are required. Minimum of MCSE technical certifications is required. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification, however, this experience and skill level must be clearly demonstrated. Advanced knowledge of diverse server, Workstation, and networking components including hardware, software and network protocols. Experience with MS applications such as (SMS, Solar Winds, SCOM and SQL). Ability to effectively troubleshoot and analyze problems. Knowledge and the ability to work and understand Citrix. Knowledge and the ability to work and understand Exchange e-mail issues. Advanced knowledge of backup and restore technologies. Knowledge and understanding in virtualization technology (VMware) to build and configure virtual servers. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft operating systems, Linux and VMware vSphere.
Knowledge implementing virtualization technology and consolidating servers & administering virtualized Infrastructure
Knowledge of Windows and Linux system security best practices and the ability to implement them.
Understanding of storage topology, network architecture, middleware component following certifications based on primary responsibility or related work experience:
Technical certification strongly preferred in Windows networking technologies; Active Directory; MS certifications such as MCSA MS BackOffice application experience (SMS, SQL, etc.). MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), Dell Server hardware experiences, including Dell Open manage. VMware Virtual Center and Citrix Xenapp or Imaging experience.
Abilities/Skills: Must be able to produce, accurate technical documentation.
Good written and verbal communications skills should include ability to read analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures.
Self-motivated, adaptable to change and able to function effectively in a team environment
Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively as well as function with little supervision and demonstrate initiative in problem solving.