Senior Technical Manager
AboutWeb is seeking a Senior Technical Manager and Solution Architect to join our team supporting a Federal Agency in Washington D.C. metropolitan area. As a key member of our team, the Senior Technical Manager will interface with the customers and lead/manage a range of activities including requirements collection and analysis, technical architecture design, software design, implementation, debugging, as well as enhancing existing systems. Prior experience leading large, enterprise-level software development efforts using Java-centric technologies is a critical requisite for this position.
- Interface directly with customer and act as a solution provider for a variety of business problems
- Architect and design software applications utilizing best technology practices
- Work with Office of Information Security to ensure that software components meet the information security requirements.
- Design and lead the implementation of a scalable, secure, end-to-end software products
- Lead developers to design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement customer software products.
- Researches, architect, design, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Effective verbal and written communication with senior-level management and leadership on the customer side.
- Strong technical leadership and software project management experience
- Experience in developing innovative Java-centric scalable enterprise custom application design, development, integration, and delivery
- Experience working with large-scale relational database system (e.g., Oracle, MYSQL, etc.); programming experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent software development projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to maintain an effective working relationships with development teams and customers
The following skills are required
15 years’ experience in software development and architecture
10 years of Java programming experience
5 years of relational database design and development; Oracle and PL/SQL programming experience is highly preferred.
5 years Web Application, Webs service (SOAP or RESTful ) development and deployment
Experience with Oracle Spatial
Experience with GIS and geocoding
Knowledge of and/or experience using Java Open Source Software
Knowledge of/experience using Agile/Scrum methodology
Certifications and Degrees:
A computer science degree is desirable or equivalent
Pertinent certifications include: Certified Professional Java EE Web Component Developer, Certified Professional Java EE Business Component Developer, Certified Professional Java ME Mobile Application Developer, and Certified Master Java SE Developer.