Senior Systems Analyst
Job Description As a member of a data center network operations team, provide day-to-day care and maintenance for a variety of network infrastructure equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls. Specific tasks may include:
• Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems
• Configure network equipment and services.
• Produce network implementation and migration plans.
• Test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
• Audit and assess network enclaves against customer service requirements and best practices.
• Assist in formulating network management strategies.
• Produce and review technical documentation.
• Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.
• Work with internal as well as customer project management and technical teams during design, development, and implementation phases of various network-related initiatives.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
• 5 - 10 years relevant work experience with telecommunications equipment, preferably with an ISP or datacenter
• Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with TCP/IP as well IP routing protocols, especially OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
• Professional level understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Cisco IOS.
• Hands-on experience with at least 1 of the following Cisco platforms: 6500 series, Nexus 7k, 5k, and 2k.
• Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 7 years of professional experience; or 5 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an emerging authority.
• Hands-on experience with at least two of the following firewall platforms: PIX / ASA, Fortinet, Stonegate, or Cyberguard
• Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with GRE and IPSec.
• Hands-on experience with CiscoWorks.
• Hands-on experience with NetScout.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco VSS technology.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco / Tandberg VTC infrastructure equipment.
• Hands-on experience with Cisco SSL-VPN technologies.
• Hands-on experience with Linux, BSD, or AIX systems.
• Hands-on experience developing scripts using various shells and other scripting languages (for example Perl, Tcl, Expect)
• Good understanding of network and server virtualization.
- Security Clearance Top Secret eligible, Public Trust to start