AboutWeb is currently seeking an MS SQL Developer. The Microsoft SQL DBA's primary focus is analysis and execution of application modernization, virtualization, and migration tasks for transition from legacy systems to a consolidated SQL environment. Will work with system engineers, functional analysts, system administrators, and testers on the transition of multiple systems and applications into consolidated data centers. Performs supporting tasks as required, is responsible for analysis of “as is” system, determination of “to be” requirements, transition of data, and diagnosing errors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of MS SQL 2012 - 2016 DBA experience
- IAT II certification requirements (Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, CASM, CEH, etc)
- DoD Secret clearance
- Experience creating and maintaining large data sets.
- MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 Certification or Microsoft Windows Server Certification
- Oracle migration to SQL experience
- Analyze business problems and design and implement databases that meet business requirements and support ongoing application development.
- Lead the migration of databases between data centers and support the modernization and virtualization of systems and applications with dependencies on databases.
- Monitor databases and perform tuning enhancements to optimize their performance. Develop and maintain utilities to automate problem determination, system backups, change implementation, and monitoring activities.
- Participate as a team-member in data management strategies. Integrate data architecture with appropriate components of the extended enterprise and the data warehouse.
- Participate in data-sourcing, import and data validation activities. Provide technical consultation to Task Lead for supporting customer requirements.
- Comply with the project team's change management processes and standards. Document and update database related deliverables.