About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead UI/UX Engineer in Washington, DC.
PURPOSE: Strong individual ownership and leadership of projects and enhancements to ensure business objectives are satisfied and robust/reliable systems are designed, built and supported. Develop ownership and leadership for application areas. Responsibilities also include Meeting Commitments, effective communication and capability to interact and co-ordinate with various entities of the organization. Communicate directly with experienced IT and end-users to scoping, design, develop projects and enhancements. Coordinate with team members to get the work delivered with quality. Play team leader role to assists system manager in the administrative tasks when needed.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the Director, NextGen Product Delivery, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Leads a mixed team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing on new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Assists manager in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks when it needs.
· Supports the architecture design. Assists in planning of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs. Provides assistance in diagnosing production problems. Plays a key role on the new technology evaluation and technical prototypes.
· Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
· Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end users on the operational procedures of the system, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
· Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes)
· Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of industry experience developing in object-oriented in object-oriented programming language. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
Strong technical leadership skill
· Knowledge of Agile software development best practices
· Excellent experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
· Minimum of 3+ years in extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
· Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
· Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
· Previous experience with Workflow and Rules Engine
· Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
· Experience with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
· Experience with OO analysis and design
· Development with Use Cases
· Familiar with UML
· Experience with Design patterns
· Experience with RDMS
· A self-starter and quick learner
Experience with Pega
Abilities/Skills: Candidates should have experience working with UI/UX Development teams and show a propensity in dealing with the user community. Technical expertise with claims, enrollment, sales, marketing, or provider systems preferred. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction).
This position will require strong application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. The candidate must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare report to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare training materials as required. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward.