About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Systems Storage Engineer in Washington, DC.
PURPOSE: Performs the installation, configuration, and maintenance of data storage infrastructure, systems and subsystems to support application development and production operations, including recovery technologies. Maintain hardware and operating system level software configurations for optimal infrastructure performance, currency, and cost efficiency. Support data management, backup, replication and other technologies to ensure stability and efficiency of recovery in the event of a disaster or other event. Assists with analysis and problem resolution associated with hardware, system software, utilities and subsystems to ensure that the organization’s response time goals and systems availability standards are consistently met.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of IT Service Management, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Day to day administration of Storage Systems and Subsystems software to ensure peak efficiency and reliability: Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the storage system and server configurations in the environments, including management of basic virtualization in the environment. Utilizes strong troubleshooting capabilities to diagnose and resolve problems, or escalate to next level support as necessary. Monitors and manages storage, network, and security in the assigned environment in conjunction with vendor recommendations. Ensures proper procedures are followed to introduce changes and fixes into the operating environment in order to ensure the lowest possible error rate. Proactively monitors software maintenance levels compared to the vendor published software stack to ensure optimization and corrective fixes are applied.
2. Procedural: Develops, updates, and maintains documentation, operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using Storage Systems and subsystems software.
3. Technology Consulting: Provide technical assistance to all customers to leverage technology and resolve problems.
4. Education: Educates self and peers in new and changing technologies.
5. Research and Development: Researches and develops ways to exploit new technologies to benefit the business
6. Project Management: Assists in the creation of detailed project plans with respect to specific server installations and configurations. Informs Project Managers of progress of activities tracked on specific project plans.
• This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
• This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution.
• Travel may be required.
• This position requires off-hour and weekend support.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science with 10 or more years of storage experience, building, supporting, and troubleshooting distributed storage solutions in mission-critical environments. Demonstrated experience implementing storage and replication across multiple sites. Analysis of performance stats and configuration across a range of storage solutions.
Technical – Position requires advanced knowledge of the following technologies; Brocade\Fibre channel, Clustering technologies, Celera, CIFS, NAS, DAS, CAS, Unified Storage Architectures, Storage Virtualization, NFS, FCoE, and iSCSI. Basic understanding of networks, Must possess the aptitude to learn and meet project objectives assigned.
Hardware: Full knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting enterprise and mid-tier class storage arrays from both EMC and IBM and IBM POWER7 servers. EMC VNX, VNX2, Isilon, Recoverpoint, VPLEX, Extreme I/O, data domain and Exegrid technologies
Software: Familiarity software including AIX, Tivoli Systems Automation (TSA), GPFS, NFS, and HTTP. EMC Storage Resource Management, VIPR. PowerPath, PowerPath migrator, VMWare ESXi,, Site recovery Manager and SAN copy.
Experience supporting from the UNIX OS level the following applications: IBM Smart Analytics System 7700, WebSphere Application Server, Cognos Business Intelligence, WebSphere MQ, InfoSphere Warehouse (DB2 including Queue Replication), Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), TotalStorage Productivity Center for Replication (TPC/R). Windows 2008\2012, TCI/IP, VLAN, Layer 2/3 networking.
Disaster Recovery Support:
Experience planning and conducting Disaster Recovery exercises along with their documentation and methodologies.
Storage/Data Architecture, Clustering technologies, Continuous Availability, Data Tiering, Cloud Storage/computing, Pivotal/PaaS
Experience implementing storage solutions for VMware, Microsoft, and Linux environments
Demonstrated experience with enterprise and mid-tier class storage arrays from both EMC and IBM
Demonstrated experience with Brocade FC switches
Experience with concepts like dynamic tiering & allocation, deduplication, replication and snapshots
Experience with RecoverPoint replication appliances for off-site data replication and disaster recovery
Knowledge of implementing RecoverPoint with VMware Site Recovery Manager
Strong problem solving skills
Must be self-motivated, capable of prioritizing and managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to produce accurate technical documentation
Self-motivated, adaptable to change and able to function effectively in a team environment
EMCSA, EMCCCA, EMCDCA, EMCCIS, EMCISA, EMCBA
VCA, MCSE, CCNA, ASE certifications, IBM Certified Specialist in Midrange Storage Technical Support, Enterprise Storage Technical Support, Storwize V700 Technical Solutions, XIV Storage System Technical Solutions or System Storage DS8000 Technical Solutions