About Web is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Lead Infrastructure System Engineer in Washington, DC.
PURPOSE: The incumbent is responsible for leading and supporting the technical guidance of 6 Windows Server team members. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to being the technical lead on all Windows, ESX and Storage environments to include application subject matter expertise on VMWare, Virtual desktops, Unified Communications, Imaging, Citrix and Exchange. This individual will be responsible for leading the server team’s day to day delivery and support of all work area infrastructures. Being the point of contact for server team projects. Implementing the hands-on, practical technology work needed to support solution delivery. This work involves applying systems integration, development, system design, maintaining, configuring, administering, project management and the coordination of service.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of Work Area Services the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. This position's primary responsibility is leading the team in the efficient operation, development and administration of the corporate server infrastructure. Taking the technical lead role for all administration, installation, configuration and maintenance of the work area infrastructure. Leading the installation of new systems and application deployments. Oversees System Engineers performing system administration, including account administration, file permissions, access control levels, DNS changes, virus protection and firewall services as related to the server environment; operating systems support and maintenance. Recognizes risk and takes appropriate steps to mitigate them. Adhere to standard service level agreements, for heartbeat and day-to-day support.
Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes.
Interact with customers both internal and external at all levels to provide high-level of professional customer care for all clients. Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Act as interface with all members of the IT infrastructure team keeping management and peers informed, disseminate information as needed. Implement policies, procedures, and technologies as required too support the infrastructure.
Independently resolves problems. Providing customer service & support to all customers internal & external.
2. Provide tier 3 support and maintenance for 180+ Windows 2003/2008 and Linux servers in a Gigabit LAN environment.
3. Advanced knowledge of subject matter to be able to Interface with team members on an ongoing basis to ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required and meets the business objectives. Must possess the skills to work with the less experienced Systems Engineers in interfacing with our internal and external customers.
4. Creation of detailed project plans in support of assigned larger projects related to desktop functions. Takes the leadership role for the team's assigned projects.
5. Assists the Principal Engineer in the evaluation and integration of complex, emerging server, network based and imaging technology, which aligns with business strategy and initiatives for internal as well as external customers. Expand technical and business knowledge through reading, research, on-the-job training, and classroom training.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
Required: College Degree or 8-10 years related work experience, or equivalent total experience. Candidate must have extensive experience in Windows Operating System Platform, Citrix, Unified Communications, Imaging, Exchange, Active Directory and group policy. Candidate must have extensive experience and clear understanding of enterprise backup and restore technology. Complex understanding and experience with interoperability between Windows and network architecture issues. Candidate must have extensive experience in server problem resolution and tuning. Extensive knowledge in Storage Technologies. Extensive Knowledge in virtualization technology (VMware) to include Virtual desktops. Must have extensive knowledge in Microsoft Operating systems, and Linux and Citrix.
Abilities/Skills: Must be able to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills should include ability to read analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedures.
Very good organizational, interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
Self-motivated, adaptable to change and able to function effectively in a team environment
Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively as well as function with no supervision, under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem solving
Project management skills
Ability to work independently and do research, test and document new software and hardware in support of customer, for service request, project assignments and corporate initiatives.
-MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification and two or more of the following certifications based on primary responsibility or related work experience:
-MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
-MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
-MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
-CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator)
RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
-EMC Proven Professional
VCP (VMware Certified Professional)
-Strong MS BackOffice application experience (SMS, SQL, etc.).
-Dell Server hardware experience, including Dell Open manage
-Citrix Certification preferred
-In depth knowledge of VMware Virtual center\ESX
-Scripting Knowledge, with the ability to create scripts for server management & support