About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Lead Enterprise Data Architect in Washington, DC.
PURPOSE: Our client processes a massive amount of health care claims and maintains data that spans more than a decade. We are looking for a hands-on Lead Enterprise Data Architect with deep experience in information management, data warehousing, big data, and analytics technologies to provide tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data management, data organization, business intelligence and analytics, data mining and visualization, as well as assessments of data quality and consistency across platforms, products, and geographical areas. The Lead Enterprise Data Architect will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products, and will become the subject matter expert on content, current and future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products. The incumbent has business responsibility for determining the information the enterprise will capture, retain, and exploit. This individual will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide strategy.
Working at both the project and horizontal category levels, the incumbent is responsible for working on research, development and implementation of more complex process engineering projects designed to advance the process capability of the organization. The incumbent is accountable for translating business needs and solutions designs from an Enterprise perspective. This individual provides leadership for data architectural design, problem solving and technology leadership by ensuring project compliance at the Enterprise level as well as enterprise data efforts such as profiling, metadata, quality, and master data management. The incumbent assists the Data Governance Manager and other Architects with establishing the standards and architectural building blocks of the organization. The incumbent also ensures that the project data designs meet said business needs and adheres to stated directions and standards for the architectural building blocks. Maintains current technology inventory, assists in standards and component efforts and in the development of data and technical architectures. The incumbent is skilled in translating business strategy/drivers into IT requirements with a proven ability to solve complex problems or situations as a subject matter expert. The incumbent champions and drives organizational transformation through the establishment of Data Governance processes and the presentation and communication of the necessity of Data Governance.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the IT Data Architecture Manager, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities include variations, but are not limited to the items below, depending upon the Business need.
· Leads teams and provides guidance to Data Architects and Data Solutions Architects. This includes review and approval of artifacts generated by said parties.
· Acting as the primary outward face with the Data Stewards and Governance bodies.
· Champions the transformation of the enterprise to become data-focused through the introduction of Data Governance and the Data Centric Lifecycle.
· Determination of Project Discovery approaches and estimations in the data realm.
· Participation in the technical solution planning process.
· Reviewing/providing input into project schedules as they evolve.
· Specification of Data Architectural requirements and guidelines as part of COTS project selections
· Reviewing and providing input into requirements traceability matrices
· Provide guidance and creation of enterprise data profiling reports for all databases. These reports shall be used by project teams to determine the quality of data as well as assist in source to target mappings.
· Documentation of source and target systems from a Data Architecture category perspective - e.g. documenting source and target systems.
· Translation of business strategy/drivers into IT requirements with a proven ability to solve complex problems or situations.
· Establishing/enforcing the Enterprise information architecture and the data components of a Systems Development Lifecycle e.g. Entity relationship diagrams, Data flow diagrams, documenting external interfaces, Business Process and enterprise modeling/mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework; stratifying data for Data Management purposes.
· Provide guidance and supervision of implementing and maintaining a Data Governance framework and strategy, including standards, quality, and metadata and master data management.
· Identification of data conversion and translation strategies - Define, maintain and enforce the use of standardized enterprise data element names, abbreviations, definitions, characteristics, and domains. (This includes elements/definitions used in software applications and all derived, summarized and calculated elements found in data reporting tools/repositories.)
· Mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework and managing data/message requirements in an Enterprise Application Integration environment for a middleware layer.
· Identification of data and solution patterns as well as taxonomies.
· Project estimations, including review and approval of estimations in the data realm.
· Creation of lists depicting external documents/references
· Creation of source to target mapping at the element level including specifications for data integrity, referential integrity, CRUD diagrams, etc.
· Design of WSDL if a web service interface is part of the solution.
· Review of logical data designs/models with Business stewards as well as creation of physical data models and maintaining conformance to established naming standards
· Review and recommendations should be made on an enterprise wide Master data management plan and when implemented continual guidance on that plan as the business needs of the company are modified. This includes the facilitation of the resolution and maintenance of enterprise common valid values and assists clients with the synchronization and integration of data across the enterprise.
· Assists with business naming standards, developing and maintaining consistent data definitions, determining data aliases, documenting standard calculations and derivations, and documenting the business rules of the enterprise – e.g. serves in a role for the enforcement and maintenance of governance policies, processes, performance measurements, and roles relative to healthcare industry best practice, and providing both technical and administrative services to execute architecture policy, procedures, roles and responsibilities, concept of operations and standards.
· Working with the Informatics leadership and other Enterprise Architects, formulate and execute a data architecture vision and direction in alignment with Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
· Assist in the planning of multiple simultaneous enterprise level data initiatives
· Provide a deep understanding of data architectural issues.
· Lead the development of the Enterprise Data Model
· Integrate Business and Information Architectures into a Data Architecture
· Provide high level data domain architectural design and documentation - Development/enforcement of procedures to convert enterprise assets to information assets from a Knowledge Management standpoint.
· Drive the collaborative development of technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps and practices for data management across the enterprise.
· Work with other Data Architects on the team to ensure that industry design standards are followed.
· Support creation of an enterprise quality plan and continual modification / execution of the plan as the inflow and outflow of the enterprise data are modified. This includes enterprise quality reporting on the robustness of the data as well as areas of concern.
· Guide the development of a structured information environment and standardizations, enabling full traceability and data lineage across the enterprise landscape.
· Act as an integral team member on multiple projects involving Data Architecture and assume accountabilities associated therein.
· Business continuity from a Data Architecture perspective.
· Leads the Data Architecture efforts associated with data archival and retention.
· Creates data roadmaps
· Integration of technologies into data/information flows.
· The incumbent assists the Data Governance Manager and team with establishing the standards and architectural building blocks of the organization. The incumbent also ensures that the project data designs meet said business needs and adheres to stated directions and standards for the architectural building blocks.
Required: This position requires Graduate Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / related IT Field with a minimum of 7 years of experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering / related IT field with a minimum of 10 years of experience OR equivalent experience. Proven ability to distinguish data and architectural requirements at system level, project level, department level and enterprise level; must be able to perform requirements definition, analysis, data pattern analysis and design in support of enterprise data integration efforts. Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management in multi-discipline environments. Demonstrated knowledge of data architecture concepts and industry trends. Experience leading the design, development and delivery of an enterprise-wide data architecture and blueprint, and leading the organizational change in the adoption of that architecture and blueprent.
Abilities/Skills: Position requires very strong written and oral communications skills, including some presentation skills. Works well under general supervision, with regular review of work needed. Candidate must be able to work with a broad range of users, business management, and IT management and project leaders. Candidate must possess professional and negotiating skills as well as the ability to function successfully in a team and results oriented environment.
· Enterprise Lead Data Architect is expected to guide more other Data Architects
· Use joint application development techniques (JAD) to assist clients with the translation of business rules into data models: Conduct data definition sessions with users; Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the data repository; Participate and/or assist Management in driving the development, implementation and use of an enterprise data platform; Provide guidance, education and assistance to the IT and user communities in support of their data access and usage activities.
· Subject Matter Expert of Conceptual (ER Diagrams), logical and physical database design, data acquisition analysis and design. Proficiency in Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling as well as "Big Data" techniques.
· Subject Matter Expert of multiple RDBMS, columnar databases, data appliances, and the architectural implications associated with each platform.
· Demonstrated experience in the creation of work plans that lead to consolidation of legacy systems.
· Demonstrated experience with data profiling and quality assessments with some experience in implementation of a enterprise quality program.
· Demonstrated experience with metadata creation and implementation of an enterprise wide metadata strategy.
· Demonstrated ability to distinguish data and architectural requirements at project level; must be able to perform requirements definition, analysis, data pattern analysis and design in support of enterprise data integration efforts.
· Familiarity with LDAP, Single sign-on, Web technologies and enterprise web services as well as technical web services, Enterprise taxonomy.
· Knowledge of healthcare industry Data Architecture best practices with knowledge of business of information systems operations.
· Knowledge and experience with data platform and integration tools such as those used for data modeling, data integration (ETL/ELT), data governance (quality lineage, master data management, metadata management, etc.), business intelligence, and analytics / visualization.