Jr. Project Manager - CBP
Clearance: Current or prior CBP or DHS Clearance Required
"The IBM CBP Data Center Support Services project involves providing engineering and operations support for the CBP enterprise IT infrastructure - all Mainframe, UNIX, Windows and VMware server environments, all CBP enterprise storage environments, as well as support for IT project management and certain middleware components.
LIMITED - Candidate will have to establish team and CBP knowledge before permission will be granted
"• Manage IT service delivery – The PM provides support for integrated IT service delivery from gathering customer requirements through engineering and in to implementation. This includes, but is not limited to formalizing requirements, providing design documentation and performing cost analyses.
• Manage communications and collaboration – The PM facilitates the integration of infrastructure engineering and operations with application initiatives across OIT. The PM manages communications between CBP stakeholders, OIT Program Offices and EDME.
• Manage reporting and tracking of project funding – The PM works with internal (EDME) and external (PO) stakeholders to obtain funding strip information for projects and maps that information to cost estimates developed by the team. The PM also works with these stakeholders to ensure that appropriate PR/PO-related documentation is provided for procurement. Once procurement is in process, the team works to ensure that appropriate status updates are provided back to the project team.
• Manage critical project milestones– The PM tracks key milestones for critical projects via a WBS-schedule provided to the program office project teams as needed
• Manage customer service meetings – The PM provides status to senior program office management on a periodic basis at the request of the program office.
• Provide the interface between Program Office project teams and EDME Support Staff – The PM works directly with project managers, executive management, and technical staff from the Program Offices to ensure communications with appropriate EDME staff. The PM identifies the needed resources to help the project teams implement project tasks, manage risks and issues, and monitor project status. Similarly the team helps EDME staff identify the appropriate program office staff for EDME needs where appropriate.
• Provide Functional List of Program Office Projects – The PM adds program office projects to the EDME list of projects that is used as the basis for the OIT prioritization board. This list provides the current mapping of work between the program office projects and the units of work managed by internal EDME teams.
• The PM blends the Agile process with ITIL best practices for project management. The PM maintains status in JIRA and updates management on the EDME Kanban initiatives
• The PM enters and presents change requests, service requests and trouble tickets and maintains statuses on all
• The PM functions as a Business Relationship Manager between EDME and the program offices"
PMP, Agile, ITIL
2+ years of IT experience, 4+ years of Project Management Experience