About Web is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Enterprise Pega Engineer in Washington, DC.
Responsible for the architecture, solution and design for small to large size projects based on the organization’s overall architecture roadmap and blueprints. Develops and maintains enterprise and integration solutions across the organization including new systems, system reengineering, enhancements and interfaces, functions and features specifically using the Pega and Java platforms. Exhibit strong ownership of assigned applications and tools, projects and enhancements to ensure business objectives are satisfied and robust/reliable systems are designed, built and supported. Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, and training for the team. Communicate directly with experienced IT and end-users to scope, design and develop projects and enhancements. Provide 24x7 production support in areas of responsibilities when required to do so. Coordinate with team members to get the work delivered with quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
Under the general direction of the development manager, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Leads a mix team of software engineers in the design, development, implementation, and support of multiple applications across multiple platforms, plans resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs, diagnoses production problems, evaluates new technology and technical prototypes. Responsible for the quality of project deliverables and provides technical project leadership for all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training of end users on the operational procedures of the system, and provide technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation.
Performs or has input to architecture design for small, medium, and large size projects, leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing across teams on multiple platforms and creates efficient and maintainable new applications.
Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, conferences, etc.)
Mentors new, less experienced, or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between locations may be required.
This position provides the technical leadership role for team covering both the Pega and Java platforms and thus requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 10+ years of industry experience developing solutions using the Pega and Java platforms. Specific requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Pega Certification Required: CSA (minimum), prefer CSSA or CLSA
- Proven previous experience with software architecture design
- Strong technical leadership and project management skills
- Knowledge of software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile, Waterfall)
- A minimum of 6 years proven experience in developing applications or subsystems with Pega PRPC up to and including version 7.2, using BPM, Workflow and Rules Engine technologies
- Experience performing Pega upgrades
- Proficiency in Business Process Automation leveraging Pega BPM and BRE for developing Enterprise Application Systems, Messaging and SOA Connectors
- Excellent experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Minimum 6+ years of extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Extensive experience with J2EE application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, Jboss, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS specifically DB2 (Oracle, Sybase, and/or MS SQL also acceptable)
- Experience with Unix, preferably AIX
- Knowledge of SonarQube is a plus
- Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
- Familiar with UML and Use case
- Experience with Design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to Pega Healthcare Framework is a plus
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to Pega PCS would be helpful
- Exposure to DevOps and a variety of DevOps tools is a plus
Candidates should have proven technical leadership experience to lead multiple small to large projects in both Pega and Java technology platforms, and have experience working with and leading teams and show a propensity for dealing with the user community. Technical expertise with claims, enrollment, and benefits systems preferred. Flexibility is essential to this position, i.e. candidates should be willing to learn new applications and new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction.
Incumbent will be responsible for recommending technical solutions to project teams and/or offer alternative solutions when appropriate and is to stay current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise. You will be expected to facilitate communication between all key IT groups and the client community through meeting participation and provide technical assistance to Production Support teams, Applications Delivery teams, Implementation teams, Operations teams, Business Clients and the Help Desk in order to resolve Test and Production problems.
This position will require a strong background in design, development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. The candidate must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare reports to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare training materials as required. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal and external clients of all levels will be extremely helpful in moving projects forward.