Converged Network Engineers (DC/VA) - Secret or TS
MULTIPLE (DC AND SPRINGFIELD, VA)
CONSULTING - TECHNICAL & ANALYTIC SOLUTIONS
Location: Washington, DC and/or Springfield, VA
Clearance: Secret (with ability to obtain TS) or Top Secret
We are currently seeking Converged Network Engineers to support the Department of State (DOS) Telecommunications, Wireless and Data Services Division (TWD) Division, which provides managed voice and data network services to domestic DOS customers. Converged Network Engineers support event management, incident management, service management, and problem management activities, as well as the implementation of new technology and cost-effective enhancements to the existing voice and data networks.
Converged Network Engineers are responsible for using Cisco and Avaya products, as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions, private branch exchanges (PBXs), and local and wide-area networks (LAN/WAN). Responsibilities include; planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. These positions may be based in Washington, DC and/or Springfield, VA.
- Constructs, tests and implements integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer.
- Participates in day-to-day orders, Special Projects, and trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and Change requests for the data and/or voice network.
- Writes and executes detailed engineering implementation plans (EIPs), generates bills of materials (BOMs), and basis of estimates (BOEs) unassisted.
- Provides network performance statistics and reports and recommends technical enhancements to the network.
- Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advises management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data.
- Provides technical consulting on high level network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies.
- Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- B.S. degree is required, but could be offset with 7 to 10+ years of progressive, hands-on, engineering experience.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on Voice and Data experience at a junior level.
- Experience conducting site surveys and organizing the documentation into an Engineering Plan.
- Up-to-date Avaya voice product experience
- Up-to-date PBX experience
- Hands-on skills to include: Aura Communication Manager, ACD call center, CMS, unified messaging, modular messaging, SIP/H.323 trunking, SIP services, G430/450, S8800, and Intuity Audix.
- Intermediate to expert level skills required in networking to support converged applications (voice & video)
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer.
- Ability to conduct research on products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Microsoft products including Windows 2000 Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Unified Messaging would be a plus.
- Experience with Cisco Enterprise solution products.
- Understanding of Cisco router, switch, and ASA products.
- Ability to troubleshoot access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and Static Routing.
- Hands-on administration experience with Linux/Solaris
- Avaya Certified Expert (ACE) in IP Telephony
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS), Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
- CCNP Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- oCCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED