Application Developer III
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active SECRET clearance at the time of applying is required. Candidates who appear qualified will be required to provide clearance verification information before being submitted for consideration for this position.
1. Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
2. Knowledge of programming languages such as C# and VB.Net, ASP.Net is required.
3. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
4. Ensures compliance with IT security standards.
5. Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
6. Coordinates conversion and/or integration projects.
7. Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
8. Prepares and provides software-related documentation.
9. Provides status reports for ongoing work.
10. Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
11. Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
12. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
13. Acts as team leader on projects.
14. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
15. Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
16. Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
17. A minimum of six years of experience in software development is desired, but not mandatory.
SPECIFIC TO THIS OPENING:
- Able to Reverse engineer software
- Analyze customer requirements related to software and follow requirements if requirements have been outlined.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code on time and with high quality
- Collaborate with other programmers and team members to design and implement features
- Review and debug existing source code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Work independently when required
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and creating stored procedures
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Must be able to envision solutions to complex problems and be able to explain them to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of application and data security concepts
- Identify problems and recommend solutions using evidence-based, data driven analysis.
- Able to produce ERD with normalized data structures
- Produce estimates and lead the execution of approved work streams and tasks.
- Document systems and best practices for software developers and other engineers.
- Experience working with TFS and source control in a team environment
- Create Build definitions on Team Foundation Server
- Create Projects and Branching on Team Foundation Server
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Experience working on system performance including tuning, application profiling, code scanning tools and code reviews
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Must be a self-starter and able to demonstrate experience learning new technologies and practices.