Web Design 2005
AboutWeb was contracted to conduct a general re-design of the current site pages to eliminate the cluttered look of the site and create a "clean" and easy-to-use appearance. The site was designed to link to a 3rd party provider of the real time banking software. However, AboutWeb was asked to develop some financial calculators including a loan repayment calculator, an interest earned on deposits calculator, and a retirement calculator to feature on the site. A full 2-year web hosting and maintenance agreement was included as part of the contract. AboutWeb:
* Completed front and back-end re-design of Capital Bank website
* Developed complete content management system
* Developed secure administrative interface using SSL
* Developed financial calculators
* Developed back-end management portal for improved accessibility and remote site editing capabilities
* Tested and implemented new design and functionality
* Transitioned website from previous ISP to in-house hosting
* Provided ongoing support and maintenance for new functionality
* 24/7 web hosting and server monitoring
* Prepared documentation on website, backup and contingency planning
Web Design 2007
Capital Bank requested a website redesign based on an updated marketing strategy for the organization. The goal of the redesign was to continue the move to a lighter, cleaner appearance and to include more dynamic and targeted content to the Bank's core users in a navigation format that would be both more appealing and easier to use (including flash, videos and slides shows). In addition, AboutWeb proposed an upgraded administration feature using the open source FarCry CMS on the back end to alleviate some of the ongoing support requests.
Web Hosting and Maintenance
AboutWeb continues to provide web support and maintenance to Capital Bank, though the hosting of the website has been transferred to a 3rd party hosting facility recommended by AboutWeb to provide CapitalBank with increased security and 24/7 monitoring as well as guaranteed up times.