AboutWeb Cares targets economic empowerment zones to help entry-level workers obtain the skills and experience they need to broaden their success in the job market.
The AboutWeb Cares motto is: “Building Skills, Empowering People, One Job at a Time.”
AboutWeb Cares focuses on helping communities from economic empowerment zones obtain the skills and experience they need to broaden their success in the job market. One of the primary goals of the program is to create jobs and train our local communities in new skills so they are better prepared for the challenges of the new job market. This division also deploys members of the AboutWeb Cares team to assist with helping nonprofit and/or charity based organizations that need additional help in achieving their goals.
One of the primary goals of the program is to create jobs and train workers in new skills so the next generation of workers is better prepared for the challenges of the new job market. Here are the courses AboutWeb Cares offers:
- Intro to AboutWeb Cares
- Intro to Technology
- Internet Research-How to find targeted information
- Intro to Word
- Intro to Excel
- Intro to Email Basics
- Intro to Gmail
- Intro to Google Docs, Drive and Sheets
- Intro to CRM-Customer Relationship Management
- Internet 101
- Intro to Programming
- Intro to Webpages-HTML
- Intro to Cascading Style Sheets-CSS
- Intro to Databases
- Graphic Design
- Cybersecurity Basics
- Cybersecurity 101
- Cybersecurity at Home
- Search Engine Optimization
- Desktop/Network Support
- A+ Certification Training
- Network+ Certification Training
- Security+ Certification Training
- Microsoft Certification Training
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
- Web Content
AboutWeb Cares Eligibility Requirements:
- Must live within a federally designated HUBZone area. Click here to verify you reside within a qualified census track.
- Able to work 10 hours per week, with a total of 40 hours per month
- Provide current proof of residency (for example: Driver’s License, Voter Registration card, or Lease with further documentation)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Background check
- 9th grade reading and math proficiency
Did We Mention?
- This is a paid position. All AboutWeb Cares employees receive a training wage.
- Work hours extremely flexible – 10 hours per week, with a total of 40 hours per month
How to Apply:
- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, AboutWeb Cares is not currently accepting new applicants. Please stay tuned for updates.
Serving the Community
At AboutWeb we are dedicated to serving and providing for our community through various avenues. In addition to working to help build and support the lives of others in our local community, we are very committed to running an ethical work environment and contributing to the technical community.